June 18, 2020
Family-Friendly Home Additions
If there’s one thing the last 6 months has taught us, it’s that extended periods of time spent at home are much sweeter when a house is cleverly designed to work well for families. At Rodrock, we’re proud to work with builders who put a great deal of thought into their floor plans, ensuring their homes fulfill families’ needs—throughout a number of stages of life. Be it multi-purpose lofts, home theatre/gaming centers, fun nooks under stairwells, or playrooms, here are some of our favorite family-friendly additions that make homes both fun and functional.
• Hilmann Home Building’s Chesapeake II Expanded UP boasts a fantastic loft area with desks and room for an entertainment area—plus one fantastic addition: A built-in playhouse, complete with front porch, window, and door that leads to the most charming childhood hideaway! This incredible addition offers kids a safe spot in which to let their imaginations run wild—regardless of the temperature outside.
• Rodrock Homes puts child-friendly additions in many of its plans. The New Haven offers a large lofted area perfect for studies, gaming, and movie nights—all tidily tucked away on the second floor. The Hailey can boast a fantastic playroom with a floor-to-ceiling chalk wall. Rodrock Homes has also been known to use the often-wasted space under a stairwell, transforming it into a delightful child’s fort!
• Roeser Homes’ Bailey plan features a fun barn door that leads into a wonderfully sized child’s playroom. While the barn door keeps the chaos and mess out of sight, the room offers built-in cubbies to help organize toys, art supplies, and more.
• James Engle Custom Homes’ Jameson II has a multi-purpose loft but with a clever chalkboard wall that’s ideal for homeschooling and creativity. And the Emery II features an envy-inducing movie theater, which is a wonderful addition for entertaining family and friends alike. The room offers tiered seating and plenty of room to spread out, whether you’re serving up a favorite animated film or the latest adventure flick.
• Other fun additions include entertainment meccas that invite hours of socializing and buzzer-beating excitement. Lower level constructions can include partial basketball courts, spacious gaming rooms, and arcade areas, all of which effortlessly entertain kids both big and small—and those who are simply a kid at heart.
Our qualified builders can customize your home to fit all your family’s particular needs, keeping in mind that a good home perfectly balances the needs of littles and adults alike!